Perhaps belatedly and with many difficulties, unequally (without a minimum symmetry to ensure equality of educational system), without proper guidance and without strategy. But, despite all these problems, and digital transformation schools are beginning to be terms that can be stated in one sentence without sounding contradictory.
And I do not mean both educational tools themselves (whiteboards, computers, tablets, etc.) as digitization and digital projection of the school. That is, its dimension, much more permeable and porous, accessible and communicative virtual entity.
Therefore, taking advantage of this “back to school”, I want to focus on three aspects, referring to primary and compulsory secondary education, this opening to the virtual universe within that binomial schools and digital transformation: Web, Web 2.0, and communication apps.
They may be better or worse, more or less professional; integrated into a common platform (such as, in general, schools public) or completely autonomous, but in any case no longer conceived that a school does not have a minimally useful website where you get the basic information on the center and its ordinary activity.
The worst site of a school that we now have at least find information about student enrollment process, the downtown location, facilities, scheduling, tutoring, teaching activities …; or links to other important sites such as the parents’ association of the center, the administrative authorities in education, etc.
Related articles: Importance Of Videos For Your Ecommerce
Could they be already much more complete and useful? Of course. Could and facilitate all administrative or legal procedures digitized? Clear. Could they even provide a virtual visit to the center or videos about their performance in general and for each particular course? Science fiction today. But what is undeniable is that in the last decade, the digital transformation has been of such depth that we consider insufficient what a few years ago was only exception.
Utilities blogs immense:
- In nursery and primary schools, can serve for parents to know in detail what their children, even small to express and narrate, make daily or at least weekly in the classroom. That is, a journal of the group managed by the tutor.
- Reactualize, why not, the old tradition of the school newspaper.
- Act as official, institutional, news center and visible platform for social life (excursions, official events, cultural cycles, sports, etc.).
- Or as an information tool, communication and management of the association of parents.
Youtube channel can have both a pedagogical communicative dimension.
- The centers begin to open channels of Youtube in order to facilitate a more complete virtual access. The typical image gallery expands. The events held in the center can be recorded and uploaded to the network. informative, explanatory videos, summaries of sporting or cultural events, etc. The possibilities are enormous and proliferate.
- And the students start using Youtube, Vimeo or other as learning tools within subjects that audiovisual techniques work. Content creation, editing, playback …
And the changes do not stop.
In the beginning of time briefing notes were handwritten by the teacher and the student brought home. After a jump with the email came. Using instant messaging apps like WhatsApp is being restricted to communication between parents. The latest in communication between schools, students, parents and teachers are educational communication apps. TokApp, BabyNotez, EscolApp, Clickedu, etc.
All apps for mobile devices that allow the center to keep daily informed parents of the students, so they can be aware of all the activity of their children at school. Calendar, schedules, exams, briefing notes, student records, grades, homework, trips, pictures …
In some cases even the possibility that parents answer to messages sent from the center, which speeds up communication.
Related articles: How To Tell If A Picture Is Fake Or Has Been Retouched
Thus the center branches out and connects with all the educational players who previously could only access the information in person.
Schools have ceased to be those more confined spaces where children developed (we were developing) a part of your life that barely went beyond the outside (beyond the notes and punishments). And they are increasingly expanding their digital self.
digital transformation schools and begin walking with a certain closeness.
Image via: Pixabay