On Amazon, product images are how customers connect with your business. Viewing images allows them to touch and feel your goods and see them from various perspectives and in usage. In addition, high-quality images can boost your product’s trustworthiness. It all boils down to having a fantastic spokesperson for your product to enhance sales. Amazon product images help you improve brand recognition and increase sales.
Why Is Product Photography Essential To Marketing On Amazon?
When buying online, photos make up the entirety of the product experience. High-quality images make a significant impact on how people perceive your product and your brand, as well as how likely they are to buy it. When a consumer enters a store, they have the option of picking up a product, looking and touching it. They can’t do anything like that to a product available online. Your brand’s photographs represent it, and that’s how a customer can experience your product the way you want. The Amazon Product Photography is what makes your products sell on Amazon. Undermentioned are some benefits of having High-Quality Product Photography:
- A high-quality Amazon product image defines your business and gives you a leg up on your competition.
- Customers place a higher value on product photos than ratings or reviews, according to 53% of respondents.
- Marketing a new product can be difficult, but it can be made more accessible by using high-quality product images that build trust in the company and the product.
- Thanks to product photographs, customers may engage with physical goods before purchasing them on Amazon.
- Having high-quality product photos will offer you a significant competitive edge.
- High-quality product photographs will result in automated SEO, which will increase the likelihood of being listed.
- Product visuals are valued by 63% of customers over product descriptions.
- It’s the first time a customer interacts with your product.
- Customers are 3 times more likely to buy a product if they can zoom, pan, and observe multiple perspectives of the product without losing pixels.
- The customer’s decision-making is aided by the high quality of Amazon product images. Professional product photographers offer your Amazon product images a leg up on the competition. Amazon Product Photography Experts can easily carry out Amazon product photography standards.
- The average customer reads merely 20% of the content on an advertisement page yet looks at every single image.
- Infographic pictures may demonstrate how each product feature benefits the client. As a result, the customer’s trust and interest in a product grow.
- When someone is looking through Amazon search results, they will click the image that appeals to them the most.
How To Use Product Photography To Build Your Brand And Grow Sales On Amazon?
The average customer looks at the product photography before glancing at the product name. As a result, Amazon product images significantly impact the decision-making process. Therefore, as a business owner, you must utilise product photography to your advantage. Undermentioned are ten pointers you can look out for to ensure growth on Amazon by using optimized Amazon Product Photography:
- Which Product Photography Styles Perform Best On Amazon?
You may photograph your items in various ways to illustrate what they are, what characteristics they have, crucial facts such as dimensions and components, how they should be used, and to clarify typical buyer inquiries. The following are the primary sorts of photos that perform well for Amazon products:
- The main image for your product listing, which is mandatory by Amazon.
- A picture showing a closer look at the packaging in great detail.
- A picture that depicts the product’s size.
- A shot of the product in use or operation.
- A visual representation of the product’s advantages.
- An illustration of a product’s primary qualities.
- An infographic can be used to highlight vital information or to demonstrate how to use something.
- Close-ups of the product’s back or side show various features like the many input ports of an electrical device.
- If your product is a health supplement, its nutritional information label picture.
- A lifestyle image is taken to present the goods in a practical scenario.
- Various product perspectives for clothes, decorative, and gift products.
- What Is The Optimal Number Of Product Photographs For Your Listing?
The purpose of product photos is to improve your Amazon conversion rate. This is best accomplished by using every product image to answer queries and urge them to buy. You may publish up to eight photographs per product ASIN, which is a good quantity for conveying a plethora of info to the consumer. The main product image, on the other hand, is somewhat restricted. It must only feature the product on a white backdrop and be mobile-friendly for browsing smaller screens. As a result, additional photos are critical in aiding the purchasing process.
- How About Some Pictures Of Your Product In Action?
When it comes down to it, customers looking at product photographs would like to see how your product resolves their problem and obtain answers to their queries about it. Make sure to portray people having a good time with your goods. When feasible, show people’s faces instead of simply bodily parts. This allows customers to have a more intimate bond with a product. Demonstrate how your product solves prevalent challenges. You may also utilize photographs to effectively show the benefits of various product features.
- What Is The Best Way To Make Use Of The Main Amazon Product Image?
It is the most crucial photograph. It should be a clean white backdrop with a sleek product image. This is the picture that users view while conducting a search. More clicks, conversions, and purchases will result from a good main listing photo.
This sort of picture strengthens your brand and helps people recognize your product. To enable optimum performance on all screen sizes, the primary picture must always be mobile optimized.
- What Is The Most Effective Approach To Displaying The Product’s Features?
To highlight significant product characteristics, you can use an infographic, a close-up shot, or a text image. Text and call-outs make it easy to see exactly what the customer will get. An illustration like this can help answer any possible queries or concerns that may emerge. An infographic may graphically communicate critical information, instructions, or other significant product elements using icons and typography. This material should, wherever feasible, explicitly highlight an advantage of utilizing the product to the consumer, rather than just present the characteristics.
- What’s The Best Approach To Demonstrate Your Product’s Size?
Set your product against a recognized object or a bodily component with particular dimensions to demonstrate its size. The customer can get a sense of the size of your goods by looking at this photograph. This viewpoint gives the customer confidence that they are purchasing the correct thing for their requirements and that the product they receive will meet their expectations. Buyers dislike being surprised, and if the product isn’t exactly what they expected, they may provide unfavorable feedback.
You can offer the dimensions overlay onto a photo to increase clarity for goods where the exact size is critical. Many customers will not pull out a ruler to figure out what the measurements are in real life; therefore, it is often necessary to provide scale.
- How Can I Make My Amazon Product Images Zoomable?
As aforementioned, your product photographs serve as a virtual alternative for a buyer directly feeling the goods. As a result, you will want to be certain that the photographs can be zoomed in so that customers can see the finer elements. To use the zoom function, images should be at least 1000 pixels wide.
- In Your Amazon Listing, How Should You Utilize Lifestyle Photos?
Customers can imagine themselves with your products thanks to lifestyle photographs. Although the product is not in use, it may be viewed in a setting where it would ordinarily be located. Take into account the tale that your photographs are communicating. For example, a product can be shown on a sleek, modern worktop to demonstrate that it belongs in a high-end kitchen. This helps your target customers link the product with an atmosphere they desire.
If your product is touted for its simplicity of use, perhaps the best way to convey that idea is to show an older person using it. Show the owner and a happy dog if the product is for dogs. You’re not only presenting your product’s narrative; you’re also sharing your company’s narrative.
- When Should You Take Additional Package Photos For Your Product?
Packaging may sometimes have a role in the whole purchasing experience. This is especially critical for gift products because first impressions matter, and unwrapping is the most exciting part of the process! This allows the buyer to view all of the product’s components and its packaging, which aids in the development of brand confidence. In addition, they’ll appreciate knowing precisely what you’re delivering and what to expect when the package comes, just as they did when you illustrated the size of the merchandise.
- Should You Engage A Product Photographer That Specializes In Your Industry?
For your listing, you will want to have the best photographs available. You have two alternatives for doing so, either hiring a Product Photographer or taking the photos yourself. Taking images oneself has become a more accessible choice, especially if you are just getting started or are on a tight budget, thanks to the falling costs and improving the quality of consumer cameras. On the other hand, taking beautiful shots is a skill. Unfortunately, most individuals lack the expertise, equipment, or experience necessary to produce excellent images consistently.
Therefore, the best course of action for Amazon brands and private label merchants is to invest in Professional-Grade Product Photography. You want your brand and its products to be portrayed as well as possible. Over time, an investment in superb photography will pay for itself more sales. Quality images are your brand’s method of creating a virtual connection with customers, and that connection is critical to your company’s long-term success.
Product photography is the most critical factor in distinguishing your listing from others. It’s a method to engage with your consumers, highlight the features and benefits of your product, and convey your brand’s narrative. High-quality photographs will attract customer attention and, as a result, improve conversions. Therefore, it is a wise investment for brands on Amazon looking to get a competitive advantage in their market. Therefore, many Amazon brands tend to hire the services of a reputable Digital Marketing Agency that specializes in Amazon Marketing and is well-versed in providing high-quality Amazon Product Photography Services to their clients.
Generally, the answer is no, unless there is explicit permission for such use or unless you are sure such images aren’t copyrighted (which, as we’ve seen, isn’t that easy).
Ecommerce photography is a photo created as a visual stand-in for your product for shoppers in an online store. For example, these are the photos you see on ecommerce product listings for sites from Amazon to Zappos, as well as self-hosted ecommerce sites.
Anyone selling products will require product photographs, and a strong photo adds a lot of value to a business. One of the most important steps you can take when starting out is to build an online portfolio showcasing different types of product photography.