Perhaps the term you sound like Chinese, but the truth is that the person buyer is one of the fundamental elements of the current eCommerce.
usually constructed from surveys of real people, one person buyer tells us what they think and make our potential customers when weighing your options before a problem is presented and, among other companies, solve ours. Much more than a one-dimensional profile of the type of person we should hit or a reflection of his journey customer, the buyers person reveal information about the decisions of buyers: concrete attitudes, concerns and criteria that lead to our potential customers to choose us or our competition.
A person buyer is merely a detailed description of our kind buyer. And that outline the poll results in too many individual buyer does not help our marketing strategy as we continue just as lost at first without identifying our ideal target.
But when we have a feedback about what our buyers about us, including quotations from people who have made the decision to solve a similar problem recently, we needed to align our marketing efforts with the expectations of our buyers knowledge. The return on investment (ROI) is so easy: when we provide buyers evaluate our proposal on its own terms, we create a bond of trust that our competitors can not match.
The main advantages of defining an individual buyer, include:
- Better meet our ideal customer, like their tastes, wants and needs
- Our strategy to focus on a specific customer
- Create personalized messages for each of our buyer person
- Achieve higher ROIs due to more effective campaigns
- Discover new business opportunities
Related articles: 5 Advantages Of Ecommerce For Small Businesses
How to properly define our buyer person
For a useful and coherent perspective of the hundreds of voices that make up our buyer person need a method, a way of filtering and harmonize their responses. Internet circulate thousands of different proposals, but it is best to create a separate process from knowledge of our client. Again, this is achieved, methodically, the combination of various viewpoints with the aim of building a multidimensional and high definition to the world of window shopper.
The most effective method, as already noted, are the interviews with current and prospective customers, in person or by phone, to discover what they like and what not of our product or service, their motivations, challenges, devices those who connect to the Internet and buy online, etc. However, we may also gather information through these systems:
- Database: it is advisable to observe analyze trends, such as how to consume information certain leads.
- Forms: when placing forms on our website, most optimum is to include questions that capture key people understand our buyer information. Examples are: his job, the size of the company for which you work or the tools you use in your day to day.
- Sales team: the end of the day, the commercial equipment and services is the one that really is for the customer, hence their knowledge and experience with them is essential to represent a person faithful to reality buyer.
Returning to the polls, there are a number of rules that we must follow if we want the effort worthwhile:
- Number of surveys: there is no fixed number of people we should interview. Everything depends on the volume of business and the number of people who are creating buyer (we have different potential customers). We could start interrogating people between 3 and 5 for each individual buyer. As we go looking at patterns of response and predicting responses, it will be the time when we know enough.
- Without incentives: what we want is that the information is voluntary and nothing manipulated. To do this we avoid all kinds of gifts and / or incentives, as they divert the purpose of the study and determine the answers.
- Always individual: it is the best way to get the most out of the situation we have created. Otherwise, a person with personality could manipulate the responses of the other components; and a shy person would not dare to share their opinions.
- Explain the objectives: both existing customers and potential, like to be part of the conversation and the progress of the company, so we have to be clear and explain the reason for the interview. If they understand that it is a sales call, they will feel uncomfortable and some even want to collaborate.
- Make it easy: to achieve our goals, we need the experience of respondents, whether current or potential customers, is the most comfortable and successful as possible. To do this, we will have to adapt to your schedule and be flexible at all times.
Related articles: 10 Ways To Beat The Abandonment Of Cart In Your Online Store
Questions to ask during the interview will depend on the type of company we are and, from its formulation, we go deeper into them to get very specific answers. An example of this might be these twenty:
- Which? What responsibilities do you have?
- How do you measure the results of your daily work? Define success in your work.
- Describe a typical day in your office. What are the challenges you face every day?
- What precise knowledge and experience to make your job?
- What tools and components you use?
- How is your boss? Who do you report? You have your dependents?
7. What is the industry in which your company is included?
8. What size it has?
9. What we want to do the customer: buy us or simply fan is made?
10. What do you get with the product you’re purchasing?
11. What problem you want to solve?
12. Where will you report what is happening in your sector?
13. What kind of magazines, websites or blogs do you read?
14. You have social networks? What use and for what purpose?
15. Demographic information and hobbies: age, marital status, children, etc.
16. What kind of education you received?
17. Detailing your career. Why companies have gone?
18. Do you use the Internet to buy? Explain your search process.
19. What online items you bought lately? Particular the evaluation process and why did you decide to buy that and not another.
20. Why do you usually leave a web page? Why abandonment occurs?
With the answers to these and other questions in hand, and we are ready to create our individual buyer, with a custom design, would be as follows (in this case is a type of buyer who might have the technology company Apple)