Humans tend to understand better through videos than reading long texts. So, one who knows how to exploit best out of this fact can particularly be successful in providing a deeper impact through videos.
A video does what text doesn’t. It creates an immediate and real impact on the target audience. This builds connectivity with the audience who can often provide reactions and comments in real time. According to Cisco, by 2020 online videos will make up more than 80% of all consumer internet traffic.Cracking the Video Marketing Code Infographic Click To Tweet
After understanding the significance of digitalizing through videos we must realize that just knowing about video marketing is not enough. You need to dig into its crucial aspects and strategize well to get the optimal results.
Absolute Don’ts for Video Marketers
- Do not compromise on quality: Blurred videos are a turn-off for the audience. Poor quality videos are associated with poor service or an outdated product. On the other hand, high-quality videos promote prolonged engagement which will eventually turn the target audience into your ideal customers.
- Do not lose sight of your audience: Your audience will decide your results, so check if your video is intended to provide a solution to them for their problems and force their attention to fall on it or they will simply scroll up your video.
- Do not forget to assess your results: Without analyzing your results you will never know that what’s working and what’s not working and hence you will not be able to optimize your videos accordingly. Metrics like conversion rate, play rate, click-through rate, bounce rate and many more help you determine if your video was able to acquire the required rates. This allows you to understand what content works and what platforms are the most effective so that you can focus more time and attention in the right places.
- Don’t use jargon: Your goal should be to reach out to as many people as possible. Keep the language simple and avoid unnecessary terminology, because it may turn off your audience.
- Don’t make your video too long: According to Wistia, videos that last 2 minutes can generate great engagement. If you are capable of keeping your video under 120 seconds you will keep your viewers captivated. Your aim should be to make a maximum impact in a minimum amount of time. Moreover, it is proven that audience engagement drops after 30 seconds, particularly if customers are not familiar with your brand. So keep your videos short and simple.
Related articles: How Brands Exploit Video Marketing Infographic
Do not forget to add CTA’s: Never leave your audience without a proper instruction on what you’d like them to do next. A CTA (calls-to-action) at the end of your video can move your audience to the next stage of a content journey. Videos can influence a viewer’s buying decision but the actual conversion and sales happen when the viewer can connect with you. You can add sign up for a free trial or provide a link to a similar video or direct them to your website by providing the URL.
Infographic Source: digitalvidya.com
If you like it! please share it!